Indiana Wesleyan University
Student Center Posting Policies
The Office of Conference Services is responsible for approving, stamping, dating, posting and removing all materials distributed or displayed in the Student Center. Items without the proper approval will be removed and discarded. Approved items are generally limited to events and activities sponsored by Indiana Wesleyan University. Materials from off-campus organizations require additional approval from the Director of Conference Services or the Student Center Manager.
In addition to
the guidelines listed below, no adhesive of any kind should be used on glass,
painted columns or walls. This includes but is not limited to sticky tack,
masking tape, duct tape and scotch tape. No postings of any kind are allowed on
the inside and outside doors of the Student Center. All signs and posters hung improperly
or without approval will be removed and thrown away.
All signs, flyers, posters, banners and table tents can be taken to the Information Desk or sent through campus mail to Conference Services for approval.
BANNERS - 1 Week Posting Limit
- Approved banners will be appropriately placed by Conference Services staff in the Commons, Piazza or from a Pole or Sky Bridge along the Mall Walkway.
- Dimensions listed are the maximum size and based upon location.
- Commons length: 10 ft width: 3 ft (no wider than 9 ft)
- Sky Bridges length: 4 ft width: 14 ft
- Mall Walkway length: 8 ft** width: 3 ft
- Piazza length: 8 ft width: 3 ft
- Piazza Mechanical Closet length: 3.5 ft width: 6 ft
- ** Please note: the banners fold over the pole. This makes the actual length 4ft. You should think through the design so that once printed the information is not upside down on one side.
- Banners for the Sky Bridges or the Mall Walkway banner poles must be professionally printed. The banner makers in Student Development and the Instructional Resource Center (IRC) are acceptable methods for printing. You may also inquire at the Print Shop (x2212) for full color and the Sign Shop (x2313) for vinyl printing options. Handmade banners using markers or paint can continue to hang in the Commons and in the Piazza, but will not hang on the Sky Bridges or the banner poles.
- Banners hung on banner poles are limited to five (5) unless it is for university sponsored events. Examples of University sponsored events are New Student Orientation, Academic Convocation, Homecoming and Celebration of Scholarship.
- The content for banners is limited to events sponsored by the university or a campus organization. Personal banners advertising birthdays or anniversaries, or banners advertising for retail, restaurants, churches or youth groups are not accepted.
- Banners may not cover the verse or TV monitors in the Commons, or vents and exit signs.
- Floor banners are not allowed in the Student Center.
INFORMATION DESK/VELOCAST SCREENS
- Events that are designed for the participation of the entire
student body may be advertised on the Information Desk/Velocast
Screens. Events may be advertised for a maximum of 2 weeks but require
a new slide after one week. To utilize this service:
- Send a Powepoint slide (size 14.23" wide x 8" high) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send specific start date and end date for slide display
SIGNS/FLYERS/POSTERS – 2 Week Posting Limit - Quantity Limit 5
- Approved signs, flyers and small posters (11" x 17" or smaller) will be appropriately placed by Conference Services staff on tack strips located throughout the Student Center.
- There is a designated bulletin board for off-campus events and for apartment/house rentals. This bulletin board is located on the first floor across from the restrooms by the Bowman/Shatford entrance.
- Items will be removed the day after the event if a date is listed. If the information is not time sensitive, the item will be allowed to hang for a maximum of two weeks.
- The Student Activities Council (SAC) publishes a table tent listing campus events on tables. Activities and events can be listed on the student activities table tent by contacting SAC at x2733 or by e-mailing at email@example.com.
- Occasionally additional table tents can be approved. A sample copy of any table tent should be submitted to Conference Services for approval before any additional copies are printed.
- Maximum quantities for table tents
- Commons 10
- Piazza 20
- Baldwin/Teter Cafe 50
Contact the Information Desk at X4636 with any questions. Thank you.
Updated 8/13/09 mcs